I decided to make my own birthday cake on Saturday. Cause we can't have gluten or dairy, I made a GFCF cake. I got the recipe from a cake book I picked up. It's called The Cake Mix Doctor Bakes Gluten Free. Keyword here people, MIX. I'm a baker-kind-of-gal when the occasion strikes, but honestly, I'm still not all up on the baking GF thing. So I grabbed my GF Yellow Cake Mix, added vanilla, eggs, margarine, and some OJ. YUM. Made my own frosting with margarine, OJ and orange zest, and some powdered sugar.
It. Was. Scrumptious.
Happy birthday to me.
Yes. And you see how we took a picture of the cake before we put the candles in? I didn't want a holy cake for my picture. Also, it was actually 27 candles, however the tall ones all melted over! We were all laughing!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment